Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Monday, December 28, 2020

Four Days of Christmas

Well, I’ve just about recovered from a massive Christmas extravaganza, and as I sit on my rooftop with a glass of red wine this Monday evening taking in the (somewhat) cool late December air, I thought I’d post a little recap of my Yuletide adventures for posterity. 

Of course, until fairly recently, I thought I would get to travel home to New Jersey to celebrate the holidays with my family, whom I haven’t seen in over a year now. Alas, COVID is as bad as ever, and ultimately, fate made such a journey all but impossible.

So the best I could manage was a Christmas Eve lunch at Franks, probably the best Italian-American restaurant this city has to offer.  In enlisted my colleague Laren and dragged him up to SoHo for a midday feast of the classic dishes most associated with my upbringing. 

And feast we did. 

First up were Franks’ amazing meatballs and a portion of pickled vegetables. These were followed by gluttonous portions of lunetta à la vodka and crispy chicken parmigiana. And what better way to cap things off than with some cannoli? 

Ten cannoli promptly wrapped into a doggie bag, and I was no longer worried about my contribution to the evening’s main event, hosted by my friends Brandt and Ester, for which my sole and exclusive responsibility was to provide a suitable dessert. 



No comments:

Post a Comment