Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Year of the Wedding

I know that for years to come, when I look back among all the memories of 2018, the sheer number of weddings I attended will make it stick out like a sore thumb. I wound up celebrating friends' marriages in four countries across three continents, all over the course of the second half of the year. Heck, my friends Jay and Dave actually got hitched twice, once for legal purposes in Hong Kong and again as a good excuse for a party in Thailand. Including both of these, the final 2018 nuptial tally sits at six! Yes, if 2016 was the Year of the Visitor, this one was definitely the Year of the Wedding.

But there was a lot more to the year than weddings. It was filled with good friends, good food and lots of travel. I hit up Dubai for the first time, spent another great week in China, entertained old friends in Hong Kong, became a permanent resident of the place I call home, and managed to return to the States a whopping four times! What a year it's been!

As 2018 goes out on a high note—with a trio of overseas visitors spending Christmas and New Year's in New York and New Jersey—I'd like to just pause for a moment to remember all the high points of the year.

January



The first of countless Sichuan meals in 2018!


February



I flew halfway 'round the world to go to the opera; it was a seriously good decision that called for champagne at intermission.


March



I participated in a panel discussion on working in Hong Kong, hosted by the Villanova School of Business.


April



One of my proudest moments of 2018 was becoming a Hong Kong permanent resident!



May



Meet Buddy... Apparently Fredric has a twin in Happy Valley!



June



It took nearly nine years for me to finally set eyes on the Great Wall of China!



July



The first wedding of the year was when my friends Janet and Romain tied the knot in Phuket, Thailand. 



August



One of two weddings in August: celebrating Erica and Kevin's union on gorgeous Cape Cod.



September



Glorious September weather was the perfect excuse to take a nice long Hong Kong hike. 


October



Handing out candy to trick-or-treaters with my cousin Vicki in Brooklyn for the second Halloween in a row!



November




My cousin Michelle got married in Spring Lake, New Jersey, in November.



December



The last wedding of the year was one for the books, in the hills of Chiang Mai, Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment