Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Year of the Visitor

What a jam-packed year this has been! I'm tempted to nickname 2016 the 'year of the visitor' because looking back now, I'm still amazed at how many friends and family made their way to Asia over the past twelve months.

Peppered among these visits were quite a few indelible voyages of my own: the unforgettable Chinese New Year spent in Burma, my two-week work stint in Thailand, that two day business trip down to Jakarta, a couple of memorable weeks back home and, of course, some vacation time in Cambodia with Heidi! Phew!

As usual, I've put together a visual re-cap of the year that is about to expire, as I prepare to say farewell to what has been one long, madcap, sleepless, rollicking adventure! I know I'll keep these memories forever... Bring on 2017!

January


My first visitor of 2016 was my great friend Joe, who came to Hong Kong at the end of January. 



February


One of my favorite trips ever was my Chinese New Year 2016 vacation in Burma.



March


My friend Dianna came to visit in March, and I got the chance to meet her boyfriend, Joe, and her family who live here!



April


Sangria for lunch at Espaço Lisboa in Macau, during Ryan, Marybeth, Kevin and Pat's incredible joint-visit



May


I made the most of my free time during my two weeks working out of Bangkok in May.



June



A year in Hong Kong just isn't complete without June's Dragon Boat Festival



July


I loved getting to spend the Fourth of July at a family barbecue in Brooklyn this summer, fireworks and all!



August


During my friend Jamie's visit, our friend Myles got a group together to celebrate his thirtieth at a Sichuan restaurant in TST.



September


Another highlight of the year was my quick trip to Jakarta, where I took some time to explore the old Dutch town, Kota Tua 



October


Following five amazing days in Hong Kong, Heidi and I jetted across to Cambodia to explore the famed ruins of Angkor.



November


Life highlight material, folks! After seven years, I finally got to welcome my dad and sister to Hong Kong last month!



December


'Twas the night before Christmas... at a party at Cecille and JJ's apartment in Sheung Wan!

1 comment: