Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Looking Back

2015 is about to end, and I can't say I'm particularly sad to see it go. I thought of titling this post "Good Riddance, 2015," but I decided against it. In fact, I even toyed with not posting a "year in review" entry at all, but obviously, in the end, I opted to continue the tradition.

True, it's probably been the toughest year I've ever lived through. The death of my mother at the end of March will always taint the memories associated with the year as a whole. But looking back on everything else that's happened, it would be a real disservice to write 2015 off in its entirety.

Sitting here now, I can honestly say that I've forged some incredibly strong relationships over the past twelve months. New people have come into my life and injected it with love and good fellowship. Several precious old friendships have been strengthened to new levels. And I've gotten to spend a great deal of time in the comforting arms of my family.

And as you know, I got a puppy, which changed my world in many ways and gave me a sense of responsibility I've never had before. I set foot in India for the first time to enjoy one of the single greatest adventures of my whole life. And I worked all the way through, making this my first full year of gainful employment since 2012.

Yes, despite all the sadness and heartache, the clouds had silver linings, as hard as it is to remind myself of that at times. So here's me putting my best foot forward and looking back over the good memories of the past year.

January


After a midnight countdown on ifc roof, we spent our first hours of the new year partying it up in Lan Kwai Fong.


February


My atm card decided not to work in India, so I had to get a friend to Western Union me emergency funds. This is what 58,000 look like! 


March


Continuing the now annual tradition, I hosted my fourth Saint Patrick's Day rooftop party in March.


April


My good friend Heidi tried her best to cheer me up during my six week trip home this spring. 


May


My sister and I got to celebrate my dad's sixty-first birthday before I flew back to Hong Kong.


June


From the moment I set eyes upon him, I fell completely in love with this little guy.


July


Fredric and I made our movie debuts this summer when my friends Emilie and Marlon asked us to be extras in their independent film.


August


A shot that never made the blog, from our Peak stroll during Shea and Jen's amazing visit in August


September


Celebrating my friend Yvonne's birthday with some drinks in Kennedy Town


October


My friend Myles is a master dinner organizer and loves sharing the local side of Hong Kong with his expat pals.


November 


My favorite people in Hong Kong help me celebrate my twenty-ninth birthday on a sampan in Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter. Bring on thirty!


December


Another December, another SantaCon!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks my friend for sharing this brilliant post. I am also going to start blogging. I am a party lover so I would like to share my experiences of my parties that I attend/host. Recently I am doing arrangements for my engagement party at some popular party venues. I would like to share details initially about my engagement party planning.

    ReplyDelete