Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Monday, December 30, 2013

Adieu, 2013

It's hard to believe that 2013 is already drawing to a close. But indeed it is, so once again, for posterity, here are twelve photos condensing the waning year into a concise visual synopsis. 

In all honesty, 2013 was a notch or two below 2012 for me. And I guess that's not really a big surprise. After all, there was no standout "once-in-a-lifetime" event I got to take part in like 2012's London Olympics; I wasn't a member of any of my best friends' wedding parties like I had been the year before; and I only set foot in seven countries in the wake of last year's twelve.

Nonetheless, 2013 had some very high highs: the double-visit of Rusty and Britney to my two Asian homes; a stellar vacation to Shanghai to spend time with old friends; my current trip to the East Coast for my first American Christmas in three years; and perhaps most importantly, my return to Hong Kong after an absence of three months—and hopefully for good. It all just flew by, but it was another full string of months. And it's going out on a high note, with my friend Silja visiting from Germany as 2013 becomes history.

So without further ado, here is my twelve picture instant replay of the year...



January


During my January trip to Hong Kong, Courtney and I zipped over to Macau for a memorable day of wandering. 


February


For the past few years I'd wanted to attend the Philippines Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Clark... In 2013, I finally made it!


March


In Asia, random things happen when least expected, like meeting "cats" out for a walk along Singapore's Marina Bay.


April


 Perhaps my best memory of 2013 is when my Villanova roommate Rusty came to Asia with his girlfriend Britney.


May


The food in Shanghai was out of this world, although I was in desperate need of a haircut and a shave!


June


On the last Saturday in June, we donned patriotic garb to pre-game Independence Day in Philadelphia.


July


In East Hampton, Long Island, this summer, I celebrated "Christmas in July" for Kristen's birthday. 


August


Nothing signifies a New Jersey summer more for me than a day of horse racing at Monmouth Park.


September


The night before I flew back to Hong Kong, we had a family dinner at our favorite local restaurant, The Pine Tavern.


October


Halloween is almost always a highlight any year... This shot is from a party the Saturday before the big day.


November


Celebrating Thanksgiving with good friends on my roof made me realize how thankful I am to be back in Hong Kong!


December


Getting into the Christmas spirit in Lan Kwai the weekend before flying home was a great start to the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment