Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi

Follow VSB '09 alum Paul Parisi as he starts his international financial career in Asia

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Year in Review

I could not have wished for a better 2011. As the year winds to a close, my mind is so full of great memories that I can hardly believe they are all contained within the January-to-December window of a single year. From a leisurely New Year’s Day in New York City with my Villanova crew, to adventures in Hong Kong, China, Macau and the Philippines, to very special visits from some of my best friends from back home, the past twelve months have provided me with endless adventure, entertainment and pure pleasure. Looking back, I’m getting a little nostalgic, but I know that 2012 can be just as great. I have high hopes for the new year and can’t wait to see what it has in store for me!

I’m going to send 2011 out with a bang (and kick-start 2012) down in Singapore. I have a good friend, Sonia, who moved from Hong Kong to our economic rival and neighbor a few months ago, so a little end-of-year jet set was obviously in order. In fact, I'm leaving in just under four hours! And I only booked my tickets about an hour ago! I haven't been to Singapore since I went to visit Jamie there in August 2010, so I'm very excited to go back. I hope it's an amazing ending to an amazing year.

As I mentioned, I’m feeling quite nostalgic for the year that is about to end, so I’ve put together “a year in pictures” with one photo representing each month… my year in a nutshell!


January


Our Chinese neighbor Sindi treated Valentine, Pietro and me to a delicious Chinese dinner in Taikoo Shing in January.


February


Chinese New Year in Bohol, Philippines, standing over the Chocolate Hills


March



It's easy to make new friends in the South Stand during Rugby Sevens weekend!


April


My friends Julie and Devin organized a nice dinner at Wooloomooloo before they moved back the US.


May



Without doubt, one of the year's highlights was when Lisa and Tak came to visit!


June



Summer is 'junk season' in Hong Kong and it's one of the best times of the year in the SAR.


July


My friend Stephanie celebrates one year living in Hong Kong!


August



The Red Hot Chili Peppers gave a concert here this summer!


September


In early September, my friend Kristen came to visit me in HK and I organized a junk trip so she could meet all of my friends.


October


Colonel Mustard, Reverend Green and Professor PlumHalloween 2011


November


One last look at my old apartment... Thanks for the memories, Tollochee Doe!


December


Christmas Eve in Wan Chai

No comments:

Post a Comment